Mayor Guia Gomez : A Mother's Birthday Wish for her beloved Son

The birthday celebrant Mayor Guia Gomez 

When we were invited by San Juan City Mayor Guia Gomez for her 77th birthday during our first meet-up last March in a posh restaurant in San Juan City, we were not that certain that it will push through, although on the other side of my head, I was wishing for it to happen :) I can never imagine, that a powerful and honorable persona like Mayor Guia, would be so cool and that humble to have us invited and celebrate with her. 

Another reason for us to get so excited was she had shared to us that she'll be cooking her specialty, Bacalao Vizcaina (Spanish dish), which is the fave dish of her son, Senatoriable JV Ejercito. She also added that she only cooks once a year, and that is, only during her birthday, meaning it was even made more meaningful and special for us, just having the thought of eating her Bacalao. 

The posh dining table :) 

We've learned from Mayor Guia that this have been their home in San Juan city since early 70's. The house was so huge and very comfy. You could see a lot of photos which were memorable for the family, I could also see that Mayor Guia is a sentimental type of person and she keeps her fondest memories by putting their pictures in frames and displaying it. 


With blogger friends 


Mayor Guia happily sharing her thoughts pop

April 20, fell on a Black Saturday (Holy Week season), the big day for San Juan City's most-loved mother. We had a brief chit-chat with the birthday girl first and we were so amazed and entertained by her candid answers, funny gestures and happy stories to tell. She had even shared how she was discovered to be an actress, how she met Manila Mayor Joseph Estrada (he was also an actor before) and how she was pursued by him and a lot of things! Including how good JV Ejercito is as a son and as a Senator. 

Eating time!!! 

Her famous Bacalao Vizcaina

Finally had the chance to taste her much-talked about Bacalao! It was very flavorful and requires more rice. When Mayor asked me if how was her Bacalao, I told her that it was so delicious and I felt that it was really cooked with heart. And she hastily agreed to what I've said, she confirmed that it was really a dish with a heart and that makes it even more special. :) 


Relyenong Bangus

One of my all-time fave dish is Relyenong Bangus that's I was so happy that they had prepared this. 

Beef Pochero

Home-style cooking is really the best! This beef pochero reminds me of my mom's home-cooking! 


Adobo (chicken, pork and chicken liver) 

I love this adobo sauce! The porks really tender. 

Beef Bulalo 

This Bulalo tastes like the ones served in Tagaytay and Batangas. Sooo love it! 

Luscious desserts!!! 

Melon balls, Mango Ice Cream cake (to die for), Kiwi and lots of fruits! 


Thanks for the Easter gift Mayor Guia!!! 

Of all the birthdays that I've attended, only Mayor Guia has 

Happy happy birthday Mayor Guia! May your selfless birthday wish come true! 
More power and God bless! 

WhenaI asked her about her birthday wish, Mayor answered, "Peace within my family, for everybody... good health for everyone, my birthday wish for JV is hopefully he can make it, and that he'll remain a good person... a good public servant." 

Madam Guia, I can feel how selfless and pure your intention is and that you only wish what you think is best for everyone. You have raised your son, Sen. JV Ejercito so well and you are now reaping it. 

No words could tell how grateful I am and I feel very fortunate to be one of your guests in your most-anticipated birthday celebration! 





Posted in:

0 Amazing comments for "Mayor Guia Gomez : A Mother's Birthday Wish for her beloved Son "

Leave a reply

Feel-free to comment Amazing people! Hope you could also add me on Google Plus (Google +) Thanks!