Lessons in life... Lessons in GCash



Cautious? Yes, that's me. Practical but picky, yes... it's still me! 
Being a mom, and having a family must've taught me to be more cautious and practical in life. Honestly, if there are new innovations or re-creations being introduced in the market, or let's just say, an ad that's "too good to be true," my first reaction is to have doubts about it and be more keen if that "thing" or "product" had caught my attention. 

In this very modern day, a lot of people rely much on "plastic" or the so-called credit card, yes it's actually good only if you use it responsibly, right? Then there's this "cashless" payment app wherein people can do alot of things using the app. Being an "old school" (there's still a part of me, yes hihi) , I always pay my bills, or any services even when shopping or doing my groceries via cash not until this one very unforgettable day that happened... 


As a working mom, the challenge for me is time management. Of course, I can do multi-tasking but only if time and space permits. If I am in the office, I can only do what my job requires me to accomplish. Part of my time management is going out of our house during office days two hours with two hours or more allowance for travel, my day ends when the bank closes and that most of the time, my work demands me to stay in the office and skip break time or else I just sneak on some snacks. I know some of you could also relate with this scenario. :)) With that kind of schedule, I cannot do bank transactions too, and this has pained me when this one family emergency happened. 

Barely a month ago, I've received a call from my niece from the province, as soon as I've heard her quivering voice, I knew something not good happened and I kinda sensed that it was an urgent matter. True enough, she'd told me to lend her some money because her father who's my brother-in-law, was rushed to the hospital and needed immediate medical attention and that includes series of lab tests and meds. She said she had ran out of funds and wasn't prepared for that to happen. I received her call while I was on my way home, I was so worried and stressed thinking of the fastest and easy way to help my niece and my brother-in-law. 

While on my way home, I called up sister who had recently given birth to a bouncing baby boy, to ask for advice as to how to handle the situation as I'd really like to help them. I guess my sister had also sensed my panic-ish voice as much as I want to be calm, I can't (you know what I mean), since all the banks were all closed I was beginning to feel helpless and hopeless. A ray of sunshine suddenly appeared when my sister told me that there is still a way to send money... she told me download the GCash app immediately. 

No other choice for me that time, the picky, practical and cautious mom had to heed the advice of a millennial mom (my sister). As soon as I registered and input my details, I find the app very user-friendly, I got my account verified too so, I was able to use the "Send to Bank" feature. When the transaction was concluded, I was notified by GCash thru SMS or text, I felt half-accomplished and when my niece had informed me that she was able to withdraw the money from the ATM at the hospital, I was soooo relieved! I've noticed that Gcash could also go well with other networks (aside for Globe) like Smart, Sun and Talk 'N Text. Thank God there's GCash and thank you to my sister who's helped me realized what I've been missing the whole time! 






The lab tests were done to my brother-in-law, the doctors had administered the proper meds, my niece was so relieved and thankful... they just have to watch out for my brother-in-law's diet and lifestyle to avoid the abrupt increase in blood pressure again, should also heed doctor's advise and to never fail to drink his prescribed meds. All's well that ends well. 

I've learned a lot of things from that "experience." Firstly, to stay calm and still have the presence of mind during critical moments. To be careful with what we eat and live a healthy lifestyle. Then to be open to brand new ideas and innovations (as long as it's not harmful), and to be patient and thankful for whatever we're going through in life, remember that every problem has always a corresponding solution to it. Just think, work for it and never hesitate to ask for help there's always someone out there that could really be our "angel" in disguise. 

Since that very "unforgettable moment" happened, I am now a happy and satisfied Gcash user. Not only I've learned those lessons in life but I've also learned how to download, use Gcash and I am now entrusting my bills and other services even in shopping to this amazing app. We could all go "cashless" almost everyday with Gcash!!! 



Posted in:

0 Amazing comments for "Lessons in life... Lessons in GCash "

Leave a reply

Feel-free to comment Amazing people! Hope you could also add me on Google Plus (Google +) Thanks!