Lollipop and Lollibye: If Only



"If life is so short
Why don't you let me love you
Before we run out of time
If love is so strong
Why won't you take the chance
Before our time has gone
If life is so short, if life is so short"

--- taken from the Moffats song, "If Life Is So Short"


Was there ever a time in your life that somehow, sometime, you've missed a special occasion of any of your loved ones or friends that you regret so much, you wish you could turn back the time? Well in my case, YES. I've missed my niece and Goddaughter, Louise's 11th birthday last year. It was a very intimate family dinner at Max's Restaurant in Robinson's Place, Manila. And where could I possibly be that time? Well, I was attending an event and called my sister Didith up that, I won't be able to make it anymore because the event had been running late and I don't want them to starve and wait for me with the time so uncertain. I felt so guilty when I saw this picture having seen the vacant seat that was reserved for me by my niece. Regrets came over me and I couldn't help but felt guilty about everything. This wonderful scene would've been more delightful, awesome and complete if I was able to attend her birthday and not prioritizing the event that caused me to feel emotionally down... and my family... disappointed.


Good thing, my sister had chosen Max's Restaurant that time, my niece was very much surprised by the crew's sweet and touching gesture of greeting her with a customized "happy birthday" song and with a strawberry cake roll by Max's Corner Bakery that appeared like this...


Happy Louise with her birthday surprise by Max's Restaurant

But my story doesn't just end here. Some of us were very fortunate to see their grandparents very often and in some cases, live with them. During my teen-age years, both my grandparents (mother side), have lived with us and since during that time, the only parent we had was our mother. I was only fourteen then, when our beloved father passed away, I was the eldest among my three other siblings, with our youngest, who was only two years old. My mom was only thirty-three years old, she ended up to be a young widow with a handful of responsibilities with four juveniles to rely on her. 

I may call it more of an answered prayer when my grandparents decided to transfer and live with us. I knew very well that, during those troubled and critical times of our mom, she absolutely needs the love... the care... and the moral support she could possibly get not only from us, but most especially from her dear parents. Several memorable years had passed, when they felt that everything was stable enough for all of us, our grannies decided to go back and settle down to their native town, which is located in Pamplona, Camarines Sur in Bicol. 

Maybe you were wondering about my blogpost title "Lollipop and Lollibye," right? Well, I'd like to introduce to all of you my grandparents...

Lollipop 


and

Lollibye



Four years ago, Lollipop and Lollibye was set to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary, which was like today, having reached that farthest point, is considered a great and rare achievement right? But that time, fate has been unkind to them. Lollipop had a heart attack few weeks before their 60th anniversary (March 24, 2009). He was hospitalized and when he got out of the hospital, he was so weak and couldn't go back to his normal state as much as he wanted to. For an eighty-four year old man, our Lollipop was strong, a fighter, a principled and a sweet and loving grandfather. 

So when their 60th wedding anniversary finally came... no one was there to celebrate the most awaited event with them. It was a pity no one had the time to go to Bicol. On my part, I was busy attending "Concerned Parents" feeding and outreach program in Lucena, Quezon. 

Concerned Parents with the indigent children on Lucena, Quezon

The delight of the heart brought about by helping other children and seeing the smiles on their faces, had touched me to the point that I forgot about our grandparents' special occasion. I was not justifying my actions though. I was very much guilty that time, I felt so irresponsible not to remember my grandparents and I've eventually realized the weight of my shortcomings. This prompted me to remember Lollipop and Lollibye during my 18th birthday. Since dad wasn't around, my Lollipop acted as my first dance. All my loved ones were present during one of the most treasured moments and events of my life. That is why I know how it really felt to be important, remembered, and be loved, it gave me a different "high." And I am so thankful for that. But you see, how cruel of me to have disregarded the two special people in my life, who'd done nothing but to love me and my family. I may have done it unintentionally and unconsciously, but still, the bottom line is... I've missed their special occasion. :((


(L-R): Mom, Me and Lollipop during my 18th birthday


A few months after, Lollipop's condition had worsen. And on August 24, 2009, he finally left the world and of course, us, his family. I might miss another special occasion of any members of my family or friends, but missing my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary was one of the greatest remorse I've ever experience in my entire living. Had I known that, that would be their last anniversary together, I'd be rushing over to Bicol and celebrate with them. I really wanted to be with my dear Lollibye and Lollipop. 

If only I could turn back time.... 

If I could only compensate for all my shortcomings that time. If only Max's Online Delivery had existed during those times, I could have ordered them their favorite Max's Fried Chicken and other products. I know, by doing so, time and space wouldn't matter, because with 
Max's Restaurant, anything is possible... with Max's, we're like a family bounded together, 
with Max's, we all get the chance to have a


As of now, Lollibye is with us, we are her family. We are gonna do everything, whatever it takes for us just to let her enjoy more about life, about being with her family, with her loved ones.

Truly, life is so short, so let's make the most out of it. I've learned my lesson very well. And I hope I was able to help you realize something... somehow. 

Let your family, relatives and friends feel that they're important, that they're being loved while it's 
NEVER TOO LATE.

Let Max's Restaurant be an instrument of expressing our love, of sharing and of giving. Through their online delivery, no more special occasions would be missed ever.

You'll soon realize, life may not be as complicated as it seems... we just have to take it easily and be positive!


We love you Lollibye! We love you Lollipop- wherever you are, I'm sure you're happier now :)) 

Max's Online Delivery could be very easy and fun! 
How? Just watch this cute video




Posted in: , , , , , , ,

6 comments:

  1. Wow sis, Your story is so touching and very heart felt . It made me miss lollipop so much. You are right, we will never miss a chance to express our love now that there is Max's Online Delivery. Great Job sis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis, I really got so emotional here, I really miss Lollipop. Thanks for appreciating. :))

      Delete
  2. Thank you Tata Jing for sharing my Birthday story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too baby for understanding, Tata will make bawi na lang ha, I'll never miss your birthday or any special occasion of yours again, now that there's Max's online delivery na. :)) Love u baby! <3

      Delete
  3. This is such a very heartwarming story. I can really relate to this. It made me think of the special occasions that I've missed. If given the chance, I would like share my love by availing Max's online delivery so as not to miss any special occasions again. Thanks for posting such a great piece and sharing your experience with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for appreciating sis. am so thankful that I was able to share my own experience here so that the readers could also learn from my stories and somehow touch their lives. God bless!

      Delete

Feel-free to comment Amazing people! Hope you could also add me on Google Plus (Google +) Thanks!